Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Great Farewells

So our farewell (to me, Steve) basement show was a success that definitely made up for the Flint show getting crashed by the cops. Thanks again to everyone who participated, I'm extremely grateful to have had the chance to play one last show before embarking on my endeavor with Shai Hulud. Though I may of mentioned it during our set the other night, I would like to reiterate a few points... Playing in GR8 REV over the course of this past year has been an incredible experience. Creating these songs was not easy but the progress we've made is quite rewarding, particularly with our newest song, In Hiding. I can't stress it enough; writing and performing that song was the greatest parting gift I ever could have asked for. I'm very excited about what the future has in store for the Rev, but as for what we've accomplished thus far... I'm very proud. Making music while simultaneously strengthening friendships, you really can't go wrong! Not to mention, I've even been appointed the roll of Inspector General of Polish Mosh Services by President Errak Scobama... What more could I possibly ask for?!?

Aaron, Scobie, Alex and sometimes Sam... I already miss you boys! Jimmy, do the REV proud, I'll see you all in a few weeks.

P.S. - At one point during this update iTunes shuffle shoved one of THE heaviest TAD song's down my ear canals!!! Coincidentally, I'm wearing a TAD shirt with sweat pants. Just picture me in said apparel, rocking the fuck out and wanting to punch things.

No comments:

Post a Comment